Ramadan is quick approaching and I wanted to share with every one our 30 book picks for this month. I have selected books that are Ramadan themed and also some that are not. These are books I have collected over the year to develop our Homeschool Library. I believe in the importance of teaching our children the narrative they come from. When children hear about stories that connect with them and validate their culture and traditions it helps them in building their identity. For this reason I never shy away from investing into books and teaching from literature and storytelling. Also, they make great gifts!
How I plan on using our Books.
Ramadan this year is going to be a good 16-17 Hour long fast where I live, that’s a long day to keep my kids entertained and occupied, especially with my energy levels running low. So I plan on keeping them entertained with open ended play, a craft and a sensory activity that centers around the book we read each day. We will also be finding good deeds or moral lessons from the story and implementing it in our day. In addition to that we will be crafting a Alhamdulillah Journey Scrap book using the Alhamduillah series and reflecting in the Mini Muslim Journal by UmmAbdullah.
What books am I using.
- Stories of the Prophets The Story of Adam By DarusSalam
- Stories of the Prophets The Story of Ibrahim By DarusSalam
- Stories of the Prophets The Story of Muhammed in Makkah By DarusSalam
- Stories of the Prophets The Story of Muhammed in Medina By DarusSalam
- Thank You O Allah! by Aisha bint Mahmood
- Hilmy the Hippo by Rae Norridge
- Its Ramadan, Curious George
- My Special Angels: The two noble scribes.
- Golden Globes and Silver Lantern by Hena Khan
10. Luqman’s Advice to his Son Quran Stories for Little Hearts by Goodward kids
11. Allah Speaks to the Prophet Musa Quran Stories for Little Hearts by Goodward kids
12. Allah made them All Quran Stories for Little Hearts by Goodward kids
13. Love your Parents Quran Stories for Little Hearts by Goodward kids
14. The travels of Prophet Ibrahim Quran Stories for Little Hearts by Goodward kids
15. I’m So Angry by Sarah Javed
16. First Fast By Uthman Hutchinson
17. How Big is Allah By Emma Apple
18.A trust of Treasures by Mehded Maryam Sinclair
19. Ilyas and Duck and the fantastic festival of Eid al Fitr by Omar.S. Khawaja.
20. Ilyas and Duck Search for Allah by Omar.S. Khawaja.
22. Lailah’s Lunch Box by Reem Faruqi
23. The Most Magnificent Mosque by Ann Jungman and Shelly Fowles.
24. Under the Ramadan Moon by Sylvia Whitman
25. The Apple Tree by Mariam Al Kalby
26. The Three Muslim Festivals written by Aminah Ibrahim Ali
27. The House of Wisdom by Florence Heide and Judith Gilliland
28. A Party in Ramadan By Asma Mobin-Uddin.
29. A Picnic of Poems in Allah’s Green Garden by Dawud Wharnsby
30. Night of the Moon by Hena Khan.
31. Ramadan by Suhaib Ghazi
32. Allah’s Zoo by Goodward Kids.
33. Migo and Ali Love for the Prophets by Zanib Mian
That’s 33 for you, for the days you need more than one book!
Some Activity books that we will also be using:
Owl and Cat Ramadan Coloring and activity book
Ramadan and Fasting Activity Book
Lets Learn from the Holy Quran
Allah to Z: Activity book.
The Giant Journey puzzle by Learning Roots.
Keep an eye out on this page for weekly lesson plans on activities for all the listed books!